2017 Georgie Award Winners - Hat Trick!
#1. BEST Corporate/Project Website
We were thrilled to have won this award. Last year we started working with Custom Fit Online to build a new website and we have been very impressed by the results. The Umbraco based website is easy to use and allows us to update our own content, images and updates. The new website better helps us to connect with our client, potential clients and the community.
A huge element of our website is rooted in education through our "See How We Do It" Blogs. This is where Bob shares his building knowledge, and latest industry updates.
#2: Customer Satisfaction - Renovator
Providing strong customer service is a key priority for RDC. We are very focused on providing the best possible level of customer service and this is a great reward for the reno Team. The Avid award has been a key goal for the team for the last few years.
#3: BEST Certified Home - Production for Sky Pilot - Silver
Here are a few stats on this super energy efficient EnerGuide 85 production home in Crumpit Woods in Squamish
Sensitivity to site conditions and surrounding environments
- Nestled into a forest setting and sited to maximize views of The Chief
- Large windows to bring the forest and mountains indoors
- Drought tolerant indigenous plantings
Selection of materials and resources
- Exterior walls SIP 6.5” walls for low cost airtight construction
- ICF foundation walls
- BASF R48 roof spray foam
- Aluminum clad Energy Star vinyl windows
Energy and water saving considerations
- EGNH rating 85
- ACH 1.26
- BASF Spray foam insulation
- Mitsubishi cold climate heat pump rated for efficient operation to -19C, Heat Recovery ventilator (HRV) and Nuheat heat mats on all tiled floors
- R40 Fortruss floor for garage allowing for a low cost auxiliary suite option.
Construction practices and details of certification program chosen
- Achieved Silver Category 2 in Holmes Approved Homes program (HAH)
- Vented low slope metal roof to ensure early detection of possible future membrane failures
- HAH certification included 4 onsite inspections, 2 blower tests, thermal imaging, written reports and final bound copy for homeowner including all inspection documentation
Innovation and design
- Quality and healthy comfortable living in energy efficient home in forest setting under $750K construction cost
- First homes chosen for Holmes Approved Homes program in BC
- Open concept 10 foot ceilings, spacious entrance
- An efficient floor plan with a small footprint
- Great room design with living areas on main floor connected to spacious outdoor living space with great views
- Wide plank laminate throughout
- Spacious kitchen boasts large double sided work island, Ceasarstone Waterfall counter top with eating bar, slide out pantry, multiple pot drawers
- Lower floor 9’ ceilings, cozy master suite with magnificent views, private patio, large ensuite with soaker tub, walk in glass shower, double sink vanity, two other bedrooms with shared bath, laundry and mechanical room
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017