RDC's Top 9 Tips for Saving Energy in Your Home
RDC Fine Homes was excited to be asked to participate in Aware's Community Solutions Expo to share their best ideas for helping people save energy in their home.
This event was in combination with their guest speaker presentation with Elizabeth May.
Check out Bob Deeks doing what he does best, sharing his passion for happy healthy building.
RDC’s top 9 recommendations for saving energy in your home
- Hire a Certified Energy Advisor (CEA) to conduct an Energy Audit of your home. Talk to Luke Dolan at Capital Home Energy
- Seal up exterior air leaks. Use the results from your Energy Audit to isolate the weak spots.
- Clean/change your furnace filters (if you have a furnace).
- Install programmable thermostat(s).
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED bulbs.
- Add insulation to your attic.
- When considering installing a new furnace, ensure you choose the right size and upgrade to a 2 stage model with an ECM (Electronically commutated motors).
- Ensure you have an effective ventilation system that manages humidity. High humidity air takes more energy to heat.
- Hire a professional renovator to complete any upgrades. This will ensure you protect your investment.
Give us a call if you would like more information on how to improve your homes energy efficiency.
The team at RDC,
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016