Working at RDC
What does working at RDC look like?
We strive to create a flat organization where all team members have a voice and have a strong sense of responsibility for their contribution to RDC's overall performance.
- We plan, We Huddle, We Forecast, We measure! It's not for everyone.
- Our goal is to bring maximum value to our clients, trades, consultants and staff.
- RDC works with business coach and industry leader Shannon Susko. We have been implementing her Metronome system since 2015.
- Through this journey we also found LEAN construction and started a grass roots implementation in 2019. RDC needed to utilize our staff more and grow them to become world class problem solvers. (See recent blog on our lean adoption)
- Reduce Waste - 8 Types of Waste
- Fix what bugs you - 2 second Lean
- 5S Huddles - Safety, Sweep, Sort, Standardize and Schedule
- Last planner construction scheduling
- Continuous improvement
We are using technology to bring value at all levels, to our clients, trades, consultants and staff.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Share my toolbox - Tool Management
- Digital Action Tracking System (DATS) Safety Management Software
- MS Suite including Teams video conferencing
Health & Safety
The health and wellbeing of our employees and trades is of the utmost importance. You can view our Health & Safety Policy HERE
The set of principles we utilize to view our safety program through is Human and Operational Performance (HOP)
- Human Error is Normal
- Blame fixes nothing
- Learning Is Vital
- Context Drives Behavior
- How You Respond to Failure Matters
RDC has been COR Certified since 2007 - What does that mean?
- We conduct annual audits of our Health & Safety program and focus on continuous improvement.
- We have written practices and procedures that are developed and reviewed by the people who are using them.
- Extensive project planning to capture design requirements to deal with safety issues in advance.
- We conduct annual respirator fit testing and hearing testing.
- Staff training - WHMIS, Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Machine operation & Dust Mitigation.
- Conduct BCCSA administered safety feedback surveys to get transparent feedback from the team.
- Comprehensive Extended Health Plan and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuous learning is essential not just only for RDC as an organization but for each individual employee. We expect team members to engage in learning opportunites throughout their careers.
- RDC works with the BC Skills training grant to help cover the costs of courses.
- 95% of our Apprentices are registered with the ITA and we help cover the cost of school through the grant program.
- We are regularly sharing book recommendations, attending webinars and confererences.
- We also do lunch and learns with our trades and suppliers to grow our knowledge in all aspect of construction.
- We conduct regular performance plan reviews to help team members map our their career path and education goals.
If you want to work on a high performing team and push yourself to grow your skillset then send us a message on why you think you would be a fit with RDC.