Working at RDC Fine Homes
What Does Working At RDC Look Like?
We strive to create a flat organization where all team members have a voice and a strong sense of responsibility for their contribution to RDC’s overall performance.
- We plan, We Huddle, We Forecast, and We measure! It’s not for everyone.
- We aim to bring maximum value to our clients, trades, consultants and staff.
- RDC works with a business coach and industry leader Shannon Susko. We have been implementing her Metronome system since 2015.
- We also found LEAN construction through this journey and started a grassroots implementation in 2019. RDC needed to utilize our staff and grow them to become world-class problem solvers. (See blog on our lean adoption)
- Reduce Waste – 8 Types of Waste
- Fix what bugs you – 2 second Lean
- 5S Huddles – Safety, Sweep, Sort, Standardize and Schedule
- Last planner construction scheduling
- Continuous improvement
We are using technology to bring value at all levels, to our clients, trades, consultants and staff.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Digital Action Tracking System (DATS) Safety Management Software
- MS Suite including Teams video conferencing
Health & Safety
The health and well-being of our employees and trades is of the utmost importance. You can view our Health & Safety Policy HERE
The set of principles we utilize to view our safety program is Human and Operational Performance (HOP)
- Human Error is Normal
- Blame fixes nothing
- Learning Is Vital
- Context Drives Behavior
- How You Respond to Failure Matters
RDC has been COR Certified since 2007 – What does that mean?
- We conduct annual audits of our Health & Safety program and focus on continuous improvement.
- We have written practices and procedures that are developed and reviewed by the people who are using them.
- Extensive project planning to capture design requirements to deal with safety issues in advance.
- We conduct annual respirator fit testing and hearing testing.
- Staff training – WHMIS, Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Machine operation & Dust Mitigation.
- Conduct BCCSA-administered safety feedback surveys to get transparent feedback from the team.
- Comprehensive Extended Health Plan and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuous learning is essential not just only for RDC as an organization but for each individual employee. We expect team members to engage in learning opportunities throughout their careers.
- RDC works with the BC Skills training grant to help cover the costs of courses.
- 95% of our Apprentices are registered with the ITA, and we help cover the cost of school through the grant program.
- We are regularly sharing book recommendations and attending webinars and conferences.
- We also do lunch and learns with our trades and suppliers to grow our knowledge in all aspects of construction.
- We conduct regular performance plan reviews to help team members map their career paths and education goals.
If you want to work on a high-performing team and push yourself to grow your skill set, message us why you think you would fit with RDC.