RDC Fine Homes Inc.
RDC Fine Homes Inc. is in the business of building better homes. What does this mean for you, our client?
- Year round comfort
- Better indoor air quality through better ventilation
- More durable with less maintenance
- More energy efficient = Less cost to heat and cool
All of these factors combine to make today’s Built Green homes “Green”. No matter what your budget or your style, RDC Fine Homes commits to bringing these components to every home we build or renovate.
RDC Fine Homes is growing a reputation as one of BC’s top builders focusing on innovative, sustainable design. Based in Whistler, the company’s primary focus is on building homes in the Sea to Sky corridor, while setting the bar high in green building techniques for the rest of Canada. RDC is the 1st builder in BC to complete both a Rammed Earth and a Net Zero energy home. Whether you’re looking for a certified Built Green luxury home, a design build, or an entry level home, or renovation RDC can accommodate you.
RDC’s client services and attention to detail are second to none. Our client communication software Builder Trend allows a single portal for project interaction between ourselves, our clients and our subtrades. From photos and documentation to an in house messaging system and much more, Builder Trend takes client interaction and our project management to a new level (contact us to get a password to view a demonstration of our Builder Trend Software). Multivista is a photo documentation company that RDC partners with to ensure quality control while giving unrestricted viewing access for clients in the construction of their new home. Our partnerships with Conasys and WBI Home Warranty, ensure ongoing client services long after the construction is finished.
RDC is Renomark certified, giving our renovation clients the added assurance of one of the strongest renovation certified programs in the country.
Built Green is the leading Canadian certification in establishing the standards for energy efficiency, indoor air quality, comfort, and Green building practices.
As a team, RDC believes strongly in creating sustainable, healthy communities by designing and building sustainable and healthy homes. They acknowledge the impact that building and renovating a home has on the environment and work hard to offset these impacts through innovation, education and constant improvement in their processes, practices and products.
RDC Fine Homes focuses on clients that want to build healthy, sustainable and well designed homes. Since first being launched as a business in 1993, RDC Fine Homes completed its first Built Green home in 2006 and is participating in the pilot stage for the new built green renovation standard.
Owner Bob Deeks is also committed to creating a company that “walks the talk”. RDC Fine Homes has set its own sustainability goals with a vision to constantly innovate when it comes to developing green building technology.
RDC Environmental Policy:
- We acknowledge that the development of new communities, and the construction and renovation of homes, has a range of impacts on the environment, both today and in the future.
- We work with our clients and others to develop environmentally responsible housing solutions.
- We are committed to developing communities, and to building and renovating homes, in an environmentally responsible manner through utilizing appropriate technologies, materials, building practices and techniques.
- We pursue continuous improvement and innovation in our processes, practices and products, in order to meet our environmental responsibilities.
- Focus on airtight Building Envelopes to ensure an energy efficient structure, thereby minimizing the use of valuable energy resources.
- Minimize Construction waste where possible through the use of innovative building materials such as SIP panels and ICF Foundation blocks.
- Separate and Recycle all remaining construction waste.
- Ensure all our work sites are “Bear Smart”.
- Adopt advanced framing techniques whenever possible.
- Register all our new homes as Built Green TM
- Drive the most practical fuel efficient vehicles
- Continue to develop criteria for selecting suppliers of goods and services which reflect our commitment to social, environmental and human rights principles and values.
- Assist our sub trades in developing their own environmental plans.
- Continue to upgrade office fixtures and policies towards greater energy efficiencies and more sustainable practices.
- Commit to exploring new innovative energy efficient building practices to help reduce waste, costs, and schedules.
- Collect and analyze data from our net zero home and past clients to use towards continued education in future projects.